From More-with-Less, by Doris Janzen Longacre
Nothing says fall like the smell of apple crisp baking in the oven! Treat your community to this simple, delicious, and healthy desert recipe.
3 cups apples sliced
1 Tbs rice flour (or other flour or starch)
2 T sugar or honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbs water
1/2 cup oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coconut oil (or other dairy-free oil or shortening)
3 Tbs brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9×9 in. casserole dish with oil or shortening.
- Combine apples with water in a large bowl, and pour into casserole dish.
- Combine oats with the brown sugar in a small bowl using your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle on top of fruit.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly.