Becoming a Member
Full-time, Christian faith-based volunteer programs are invited to apply for Catholic Volunteer Network membership.
- 80+ college and university campus visits each year
- Calendar of recruitment opportunities
- Search potential volunteers through our online database
- Representation at national events & conferences
- Members are featured prominently on CVN's blog and social media accounts
RESPONSE Directory - Download or order your FREE copy today.
- Listing in digital and print RESPONSE Directory - the premier resource for full-time, faith-based service opportunities
- 18,000 print copies are sent to schools, churches, diocesan offices, organizations, and interested individuals each year.
- Our online RESPONSE directory contains a full listing of each member program and is organized in a searchable format enabling prospective volunteers to narrow down their search based on their service preferences.
- National Conference on Faith-Based Service hosted by Catholic Volunteer Network
- Formation Workshop for programs in development stages and new staff
- Participation in a nation-wide network of volunteer program staff
- Webinars & workshops for program staff & volunteers
- Networking Listserv of volunteer program staff
- Monthly e-newletter How Can I Help?
- Annual survey of volunteer trends & program staffing
- Online resources library
- Low rates on volunteer health insurance through Willis Towers Watson
- Discounts on background checks through Verified Volunteers
- Rental car discounts through Enterprise & National for volunteers & program staff
- Discounts on airport pick-ups and drop-offs through SuperShuttle
A Catholic Volunteer Network member program is an explicitly Christian volunteer program which places full-time volunteers in areas of human need.
Catholic Volunteer Network member programs:
- Are committed to the support of the lay men and women who are called to serve as ministers and community leaders.
- Are committed to guaranteeing the safety and meeting the basic needs (room, board, basic living allowance) of their full-time volunteers during their terms of service.
- Have in place high-quality screening, placement, orientation, training, support, evaluation, and re-entry structures for its full-time volunteers.
- Place volunteers in sites commensurate with their skills and experiences.
- Provide written contracts to volunteers clearly explaining the stipend and benefits, lines of authority, conditions of termination of service, emergency leave policy, and vacation policy.
- Pay membership dues during the annual Membership Renewal period.
- Are committed to the mission of Catholic Volunteer Network and participate in Catholic Volunteer Network as active members.
- Promotes broad racial and ethnic diversity in the governance, staffing, outreach, volunteer participation and activities of the organization. This might be expressed to include, but is not limited to, fostering links between the program and other organizations serving various underrepresented populations, and reviewing the program’s activities, publications, and initiatives to assure multi-ethnic sensitivity and inclusivity.
To learn more about membership and to request a Membership Application and a full list of Membership Guidelines, please contact: