Become a Member
Full-time, Christian faith-based volunteer programs are invited to apply for Catholic Volunteer Network membership.
Catholic Volunteer Network provides a number of benefits to its member programs. Some of the highlights of membership include:
- We connect with students at volunteer and career fairs held at more than 100 different colleges and universities each year.
- Members have access to our database of potential volunteer profiles - over 100 new profiles are posted each month.
- We host webinars for prospective volunteers, discernment events, and offer advice and guidance by phone and email to individuals seeking a volunteer placement.
Listing in RESPONSE - an annual directory of faith-based volunteer opportunities
- 17,000 print copies are sent to schools, churches, diocesan offices, organizations, and interested individuals each year. The directory is also available in an interactive electronic version. Download or order your free copy today.
- Our online RESPONSE directory contains a full listing of each member program and is organized in a searchable format enabling prospective volunteers to narrow down their search based on their service preferences.
Collaboration and Programmatic Support
- Catholic Volunteer Network Annual National Conference for networking, learning and sharing ideas.
- Members are subscribed to our networking listserv.
- The monthly e-newsletter How Can I Help? contains helpful resources and advice about how to run a successful volunteer program.
- Formation Workshops are held each spring for volunteer programs still in the developmental stages and new staff members of existing programs.
- Webinars are made available to Catholic Volunteer Network members.
- Access to our Online Resource Library.
- Members can enroll their volunteers in the Catholic Volunteer Network Health Insurance Plan through Willis of Seattle. The current rate is $218 per volunteer, per month (domestic); $285-$295 (international).
- Discounts on criminal background checks through our partnership with Asurint.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car discounts for volunteers and program staff.
- Discounts on airport pick-ups and drop-offs through SuperShuttle.
A Catholic Volunteer Network member program is an explicitly Christian volunteer program which places full-time volunteers in areas of human need.
Catholic Volunteer Network member programs:
- Are committed to the support of the lay men and women who are called to serve as ministers and community leaders.
- Are committed to guaranteeing the safety and meeting the basic needs (room, board, basic living allowance) of their full-time volunteers during their terms of service.
- Have in place high-quality screening, placement, orientation, training, support, evaluation, and re-entry structures for its full-time volunteers.
- Place volunteers in sites commensurate with their skills and experiences.
- Provide written contracts to volunteers clearly explaining the stipend and benefits, lines of authority, conditions of termination of service, emergency leave policy, and vacation policy.
- Pay membership dues during the annual Membership Renewal period.
- Are committed to the mission of Catholic Volunteer Network and participate in Catholic Volunteer Network as active members.