CVN AmeriCorps Program Directors
CVN CompassionCorps Program Overview
Funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), CompassionCorps is CVN's AmeriCorps serving economically disadvantaged persons in the areas of economic opportunity and basic human needs, education and healthy futures and healthcare services. Our programs have a special emphasis on addressing poverty issues in the United States. CVN CompassionCorps is part of the national service movement currently engaging Americans of all ages and backgrounds in service to address our Nation’s most critical problems. CVN CompassionCorps members help volunteer programs and community organizations as they work to address strategic initiatives that have been identified by CNCS. CVN CompassionCorps members allow funded programs to serve more individuals, create new and innovative programs, recruit more volunteers and achieve a deeper impact while attending to community issues.
2015 Subgrantee Application Materials
- On-line application (surveymonkey) You may continue to edit your responses until you submit, but some users may encounter errors in timing out. We encourage you to draft your narrative responses in a separate document until you are ready to cut/paste them into your on-line form.
- Detailed instructions for the 2015 application (PDF). These instructions outline program goals, responsibilities and policies relate to the CompassionCorps program. Instructions are provided for each question with links to supplemental resources and technical assistance to assist you in preparing your responses.
- PDF of the application as it appears in SurveyMonkey. For your reference. Applications must be submitted in surveymonkey.
- Subgrantee Instructions webinar (vimeo)
- NEW Hours calculator tool and tutorial (vimeo) to help programs plan for sufficient hours in the program year
- FAQs related to faith-based service and AmeriCorps (AmeriCorps website)
In order to receive CVN AmeriCorps funding, programs must meet the following requirements:
- Be up to date on CVN membership dues.
- Support service opportunities that align with CVN AmeriCorps focus areas and are eligible for AmeriCorps placement.
- Be in compliance with CVN AmeriCorps policies and procedures.
- Attend the Annual CVN AmeriCorps Training Meeting (in conjunction with the CVN National Conference).
- Respond as needed to requests and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- CVN AmeriCorps Program Directors receive an annual orientation and ongoing training and technical assistance throughout the year.
- Programs also have access to CVN AmeriCorps online resources, including the CVN website for recruitment and AmeriCorps resources, the BWBRS time tracking system and the My AmeriCorps recruitment system via EGrants.
- By joining the AmeriCorps family, programs become part of a broad national network of service partners and State Service Commissions.
Current Program Directors, please refer to the following links:
** New materials are being prepared for the 2015-16 program year.
Handbooks, Policies and Forms - This page contains current handbooks and service forms, program calendars, training materials, policy guidelines and links to National Service Resources