Prospective CVN AmeriCorps Members
Thank you for your interest in CVN AmeriCorps! Catholic Volunteer Network has partnered with AmeriCorps and the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) for the last 14 years to address the needs of the poor and vulnerable in the areas of Education, Economic Opportunity and Healthy Futures through faith-based service. As the primary grantee of CNCS/AmeriCorps, Catholic Volunteer Network manages the AmeriCorps grant for over seventy CVN AmeriCorps Sub-Grantee Programs. Through this multi-level partnership, eligible program participants may join in the National Service Movement and work together to "get things done for America".
CVN AmeriCorps Members fulfill unique roles that add value to each individual site and community. In addition to regular volunteer opportunities, participating programs and sites offer AmeriCorps positions with distinct qualifications, activities, requirements, and benefits. This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion. Members who fill their service commitments can earn Educational Awards to repay qualified student loans or to pay for future education.
Is AmeriCorps service right for me?
Watch our webinar Responding to the Call of Service: What you need to know about serving as an AmeriCorps Member. This short video (approximately 20 minutes) answers the questions:
- What is AmeriCorps?
- How do I find a CVN AmeriCorps program?
- What are the types of AmeriCorps placements (location, service positions and time commitment)?
- Am I eligible to serve with AmeriCorps?
- What are the benefits of AmeriCorps service?
- What is the AmeriCorps Education Award and how can I use it?
What do I need to know to get started?
In order to be an AmeriCorps Member, you must:
- Be accepted to serve as an AmeriCorps Member with a CVN AmeriCorps Sub-Grantee Program in an AmeriCorps eligible position.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident of the United States.
- Be at least 17 years old at the commencement of service.
- Have a high school diploma or an equivalency certificate (or agrees to obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent before using an education award) and has not dropped out of elementary or secondary school in order to enroll as an AmeriCorps member.
- Undergo a criminal history check that is compliant with CVN and AmeriCorps policy.
Not all CVN programs place AmeriCorps Members. In order to find CVN AmeriCorps programs:
- Visit our Online RESPONSE Directory.
- Select the items you are looking for in a program (Location, type of placement, length of service).
- Select the type of “AmeriCorps Placement(s)” that interest you or;
- Select AmeriCorps Education Award in the “Financial Benefits” section.
To learn more about CVN AmeriCorps or a particular CVN AmeriCorps program:
- For general CVN AmeriCorps inquiries, please email CVNAmeriCorps@catholicvolunteernetwork.org.
- For more information about a particular program or service position, please contact the Program Director in the RESPONSE listing.
- For general inquiries about volunteering or questions about non-AmeriCorps positions, please email email@example.com.
- To learn more about AmeriCorps, please visit www.americorps.gov/