Good Eats: Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 16 oz. jar roasted red peppers (or use 3-4 fresh roasted peppers)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves (10-15 leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 oz. package organic whole grain pasta, any variety
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta according to the package instructions, approximately 10-12 minutes. Drain the pasta and pour back in the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the walnuts in a food processor. Pour the walnuts into a small bowl then add the roasted red peppers, fresh basil, and garlic to the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the parmesan cheese, chopped walnuts, olive oil, and 1/2 tsp. salt to the food processor, Pulse to combine. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pour the pesto over the cooked and drained pasta and toss to coat. Serve warm.