This year, Catholic Volunteer Network aims to increase our recruitment efforts and heighten awareness about faith-based service. These are the goals we have laid out for the year. Every month we will update our membership about our progress towards these goals.
Goal 1: Distribute 18,000 copies of RESPONSE 2020
Highlights: CVN Recruiter hosted conversations and distributed RESPONSE to 125+ students at 10 different events in February 2020.
Goal 2: Reach 100 college campuses
Highlights: In February 2020, CVN Staff reached eight different campuses in New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Washington, DC
Goal 3: Exhibit at 50 events
Highlights: CVN Recruiter co-hosted a workshop with Jesuit Volunteer Corps during the 2020 IMPACT Conference held at Arizona State University titled "An Invitation to Hope: Learning How to Channel Your Faith and Transform Your World."
Goal 4: Speak in 25 parishes
Highlights: Over a dozen CVN member program staffers and former volunteers have served as speakers for CVN, helping us to complete 19 Parish Speaking Engagements in 9 states thus far. Thank you!
Goal 5: Double the number of volunteer profiles posted to our website
We can’t do it alone! Here is how you can help us reach our 2019-2020 recruitment goals:
- Make referrals: Whenever you hear from someone who isn’t a perfect match for your program, but could make a great volunteer for someone else, encourage them to check out CVN for more options – specifically, ask them to complete a volunteer profile on our website.
- Hand out RESPONSE: carry a few with you when you are recruiting to pass along to those who want to learn about other service opportunities. Order additional copies here.
- Add a member badge and link to your website. This helps more people learn about our community, therefore elevating awareness about faith-based service.
- Diocesan mission offices are our best connection for invitations to speak in parishes around the country. If you have a contact in a mission office, consider making an introduction so we can strengthen our relationship with that diocese.
Questions? Contact our recruitment team:
- Mike McCormick, Outreach Coordinator, [email protected]
- Cheyenne Boon, Recruitment Associate, [email protected]