This year, Catholic Volunteer Network aims to increase our recruitment efforts and heighten awareness about faith-based service. These are the goals we have laid out for the year. Every month we will update our membership about our progress towards these goals.
Goal 1: Distribute 18,000 copies of RESPONSE 2020
Highlights: In addition to regular orders, copies of RESPONSE 2020 were sent to every Catholic campus ministry office and retreat center in the U.S.
Goal 2: Reach 100 college campuses
Highlights: CVN hosted conversations with and distributed copies of RESPONSE 2020 to over 70 students during September's Texas Recruitment Circuit.
Goal 3: Exhibit at 50 events
Highlights: In addition to exhibiting at 5 post-grad service fairs in September, CVN also presented alongside Catholic Apostolate Center at the National Young Adult Ministry Summit and attended the Catholics on Call conference in Chicago.
Goal 4: Speak in 25 parishes
Highlights: Over a dozen CVN member program staffers and former volunteers have served as speakers for CVN, helping us to complete 16 Parish Speaking Engagements in 7 states thus far. Thank you!
Goal 5: Double the number of volunteer profiles posted to our website
We can’t do it alone! Here is how you can help us reach our 2019-2020 recruitment goals:
- Make referrals: Whenever you hear from someone who isn’t a perfect match for your program, but could make a great volunteer for someone else, encourage them to check out CVN for more options – specifically, ask them to complete a volunteer profile on our website.
- Hand out RESPONSE: carry a few with you when you are recruiting to pass along to those who want to learn about other service opportunities. Order additional copies here.
- Add a member badge and link to your website. This helps more people learn about our community, therefore elevating awareness about faith-based service.
- Diocesan mission offices are our best connection for invitations to speak in parishes around the country. If you have a contact in a mission office, consider making an introduction so we can strengthen our relationship with that diocese.
Questions? Contact our recruitment team:
- Mike McCormick, Outreach Coordinator, [email protected]
- Cheyenne Boon, Recruitment Associate, [email protected]