Vincentian Service Corps West
Goal of Program
Let's go make a Difference! The mission of Vincentian Service Corps West is to provide opportunities for women and men who want to serve those in poverty, live in community with other VSC members, and experience a simple lifestyle. While working directly with the poor, VSC members are called to deepen their faith, grow in charity, work for justice, celebrate life and develop close bonds. Service is geared to helping the most marginalized in society and seeing God in those we serve while helping people help themselves. A year of service makes a lifetime of difference!
Type of Placement
Case work for women in recovery and in transition, transitional shelters for women and children in need, crisis counseling, coordinating health fairs, patient advocacy, work with physically and developmentally challenged, social work, teaching and teaching aides (elementary and high school), and work with emotionally challenged youth. Fluency with Spanish is helpful in some positions.
San Francisco, CA.
11 months. First week of August to last week of June.
The program ranges in size.
Single women and men ages 21 to 30. College degree or significant life/work experience. A commitment to service. Interview, application and references. A desire for a challenge and an ability to be flexible.
Room and board, Program covers community expenses. Work-related travel costs are covered. Possible student loan deferment for those eligible and AmeriCorps (if eligible).
Members live in an intentional community with other VSC Members.
One-week orientation program focused on: building community, goal setting, and an examination of issues such as social justice, spirituality, diversity. Training at sites. Retreats, formation.
Taking applications for Program Year 2020-2021. Placements determined first-come first-served basis.
First week of August 2020
Sr. Trang Truong, D.C.
2000 Sullivan Avenue
Daly City, CA 94015
Phone: 650 755-1633
Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de PaulPrint This Page
- Help Children and Families in Need!
- Gain real-world work experience as a Catholic educator
- Be a Social-Justice Crusader!
- Compassionate Educators Needed!
- Become a Catholic Educator in San Francisco!
- Make a Difference in San Francisco!
- Help young students acquire intellectual, social, physical and emotional skills!
- Spend a year providing outreach in San Francisco!
- Help young students achieve success!
- Development & Student Support volunteer
- Social Studies Teacher
- Religious Studies Teacher
- Teachers/Teaching Assistants in San Francisco
- Enthusiastic, compassionate, change-the-world monitors
- Two Case Aides Needed for Vincentian Service
- Join Vincentian Service Corps’ Education Support!
- Therapeutic Aide in San Francisco
- Teacher’s Aide
- Development and Student Support
- Case Aides (2)
- Hospitality Monitor
- Teachers/Teaching Assistants
- Passion for Education!
- Therapeutic Aide Who Loves Serving Children!
- Make a Difference in Children’s Lives!
- Learn about development and communications while serving families, children
- Grow Spiritually and Educate Others as a Wellness Counselor
- Provide Quality Healthcare Support While Serving Others!
- Make an Impact as a Compassionate Hospitality Monitor