Vincentian Service Corps West
Goal of Program
Lets go make a Difference! The mission of the Vincentian Service Corps is to provide opportunities for women and men who want to serve those in poverty, live in community with other VSC members, and experience a simple lifestyle. While working directly with the poor, VSC members are called to deepen their faith, grow in charity, work for justice, celebrate life and develop close bonds. Service is geared to helping people help themselves. A year of service makes a lifetime of difference!
Type of Placement
Case work for shelters for the homeless, lead wellness classes, crisis counseling, coordinating health fairs, patient advocacy, work with physically and developmentally disabled, social work, teaching and teaching aides (elementary and high school), and work with emotionally disturbed youth. Fluency with Spanish is required for some positions.
San Francisco, CA.
11 months. First week of August to last week of June.
The program ranges in size.
Single women and men ages 21 to 30. College degree or significant life/work experience. A commitment to service. Interview, application and references. A desire for a challenge and an ability to be flexible.
Room and board, Program covers community expenses. Work-related travel costs are covered. Possible student loan deferment for those eligible and AmeriCorps (if eligible).
Members live in an intentional community with other VSC Members.
An initial one-week orientation program geared towards: building community, goal setting for the year, and an examination of issues such as social justice, lifestyle, spirituality, racial sensitivity, and cultural diversity. There is on-site training at each placement. Corps members gather four times throughout the year for weekend retreats and ongoing formation. Personal and community support is provided by community support people throughout the year.
We welcome applications for Program Year 2019-2020. Placements are determined on a first-come first-serve rolling basis.
Sr. Trang Truong, D.C. Truong
25 San Fernando Way, Suite B
Daly City, CA 94015
Phone: 650 755-1633
Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de PaulPrint This Page
- Become a Catholic Educator in San Francisco!
- Make a Difference in San Francisco!
- Help young students acquire intellectual, social, physical and emotional skills!
- Spend a year providing outreach in San Francisco!
- Help young students achieve success!
- Development & Student Support volunteer
- Social Studies Teacher
- Religious Studies Teacher
- Teachers/Teaching Assistants in San Francisco
- Enthusiastic, compassionate, change-the-world monitors
- Two Case Aides Needed for Vincentian Service
- Join Vincentian Service Corps’ Education Support!
- Therapeutic Aide in San Francisco
- Teacher’s Aide
- Development and Student Support
- Case Aides (2)
- Hospitality Monitor
- Teachers/Teaching Assistants
- Passion for Education!
- Therapeutic Aide Who Loves Serving Children!
- Make a Difference in Children’s Lives!
- Learn about development and communications while serving families, children
- Grow Spiritually and Educate Others as a Wellness Counselor
- Provide Quality Healthcare Support While Serving Others!
- Make an Impact as a Compassionate Hospitality Monitor