Download our Social Media Planner! This month-by-month guide will help you plan and create social media content and blog posts for varied observances throughout the year. Remember to use #FaithandService, and be sure to tag Catholic Volunteer Network! Click to open.
Making Social Media Work, by Catholic Volunteer Network - How Can I Help? Archives
Sharing the Journey on Social Media, webinar by Jane Aseltyne, A Nun's Life Ministry
Show, Don’t Tell: Creating An Engaging Online Presence, by Elizabeth MacNeal, Mercy Volunteer Corps
Social Media as a Ministry Instead of a Time Suck, by Kim Smolik and Bridget Higginbotham, Fraciscan Mission Service
Nonprofit Tech for Good provides free resources and articles to help boost your social media content. Free calenders, awareness days, tracking spreadsheets, and free webinars.
Canva is on online graphic design tool, a very user-friendly resource to create visual graphics.
Likewise, info.gram will take your excel data and convert it to an infographic.
Share Your Good Work
Catholic Volunteer Network would like to share the good work you are doing with our social media followers. We now offer our members the opportunity to suggest posts that will appear on our various social media platforms. Click here to submit a post suggestion.
Social Media Tips: Applications & Deadlines
Use the tips below to plan your monthly social media content. Add your own twist to show the unique voice of your organization. Remember to tag Catholic Volunteer Network on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook or use #FaithandService so we can share your posts. If you have a blog post that you would like to appear on CVN's blog, please send it to: [email protected]tholicvolunteernetwork.org.
- The joy of the Gospel is something to be known & lived only through giving it away, through giving ourselves away @Pontifex #faithandservice
- Ready for a new adventure? Consider serving with _____________. Application deadline is ___. #faithandservice
- "If you are what you should be, you will set the world ablaze." -St Catherine of Siena #qotd #faithandservice
- Working on your volunteer application? @CatholicVolNet has 10 tips to help! http://ow.ly/Y0yoe #faithandservice
- Utilize your current volunteers to spread the word about application deadlines. They likely have a large social media network that may help you draw in a few additional applications with just a simple post.
- Follow the campus ministries and student activities groups at your target schools, and post a message on their page about your application deadlines.
- Post updates on your Facebook page about the number of slots that are still open. This will let potenial applicants know that they should act quickly to secure their spot.