The Sojourners’ Fellowship Program is a leadership development program dedicated to Christian discipleship, community, and vocation. Celebrating its 35-year history, program alumni have made a lasting impact on the social justice movement in the church, the United States, and around the world.
Eight to ten participants are selected into the program each year. People from all life stages and career paths are welcome. The program is designed to be a holistic experience focused on the following:
• Life and Faith: Fellows live together in Washington, D.C., and experience life as an intentional Christian community: sharing meals, a common budget, weekly house meetings, and prayer.
• Prayer and Discipleship: Fellows participate in weekly faith and justice seminars, monthly chapel services with colleagues, and three community retreats.
• Work and Vocation: Fellows work full-time in the ministry of Sojourners. Each participant is placed in an entry-level position and is paired with a professional mentor.
• Advertising Assistant: The Advertising Assistant coordinates the production of online, email, and print advertising for all of Sojourners’ publications. This includes organizing incoming ad materials, communicating with advertising clients, creating reports, and collaborating with the sales team to implement creative ideas for our advertising clients. Gain an understanding of how marketing and advertising play a role in spreading a message.
Desired skills: MS Office, including Excel; phone and e-mail customer service experience; attention to detail; Web editing and basic HTML experience a plus; sales and customer service a plus
Compensation: Sojourners pays for all expenses relating to housing, meals, commuting and health insurance. Each fellow receives a $175 monthly stipend, as well as $200 upon successful completion of the program.
Application Qualifications: The program is open to anyone 21 years or older who has work permission in the United States and a Social Security number. Married couples without dependents are welcome, but both individuals must apply and be accepted into the program. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Fellows must commit to serve the entire program year: mid-September 2019 (must report to DC by September 27th, 2019)- August 7, 2020.
Before applying, please read more about the program and Sojourners’ mission on our website at www.sojo.net/fellows. Please strongly consider the commitment needed before applying.
How to apply: The application has four parts:
1. Individual application
2. Writing sample or personal essay
3. Resume (cover letter is not needed)
4. Three (3) Recommendation Forms: peer reference, clergy/faith leader, and employer
The deadline for applications for the advertising assistant is September 1, 2019 (though we are looking to fill the position ASAP, so earlier applications are preferred for this time-sensitive position). Send completed application materials via: email ([email protected]) Thank you for your interest in the Sojourners’ Fellowship Program.