Are you interested in joining Catholic advocacy efforts in the nation’s capital? Franciscan Mission Service is looking for a volunteer associate who will serve with the Franciscan Action Network, a non-profit advocacy organization that brings a collective Franciscan voice to efforts to transform United States public policy related to peace making, care for creation, poverty, and human rights.
- Lead or join advocacy efforts on a set of issues to be defined by mutual agreement between the member and FAN, based on organizational needs and the member’s interests. Possible issues include climate, racial justice, migration, democracy and voting rights, economic justice, consistent ethic of life, gun violence prevention, and human trafficking.
- Participate in advocacy activities including calls or visits to government or congressional offices, letter writing campaigns, and public actions including rallies and peaceful protests.
- Develop working relationships and coordinate advocacy with partners at likeminded organizations, including but not limited to faith-inspired organizations.
- Assist in communications outreach, particularly via social media.
- Assist in building and maintaining FAN relationships nationwide with Franciscan Justice Circles, institutional partners, and academic institutions.
- Assist in planning and executing development efforts such as FAN’s annual Gala and other campaigns, including tasks such as acknowledging donations
- Participate in FAN’s culture of a small, mutually supportive staff that reaches decisions by consensus
- Commitment to peace and social justice issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain motivation
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a small team
- Experience with social media desirable
- Submit an application by visiting the following webpage: https://franciscanmissionservice.org/programs/dc-service-corps/#application
- Or by emailing [email protected] for more information
- Accepting applications until July 1, 2022 or until the position is filled.
Young-adult Catholics with a heart for service are encouraged to apply, even if they may not meet every qualification listed above