Are you a wizard with Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign? Got an eye for photography or a flair for video editing? Enjoy writing? Have a gift for connecting over social media? Come create print and digital marketing/fundraising materials as a DC Service Corps volunteer addressing issues of poverty in DC and around the world. Fill your portfolio, get solid references, learn about nonprofits, and grow in your Catholic faith as the Communications Associate in the DC Service Corps program.
Franciscan Mission Service is an independent nonprofit that shares and receives God’s unconditional love across borders through a way of life that centers marginalized voices and focuses on living out the Gospel values of intercultural encounter, radical inclusion, authentic humility and transformative justice.
- Design or create graphics for print and online materials including brochures, invitations, e-newsletters, posters, banners, and t-shirts
- Manage and contribute to social media and online presence, including the website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Assist with the ongoing development and implementation of the FMS communications and development plans
- Coordinate FMS blog, newsletter, and other communications
- Participate in regular office duties as well as staff meetings and events
- Support our event planning/execution
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (advertising, graphic design, marketing, or other)
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of and interest in social media
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies
- Some photography and videography skills
- Bonus: Proficient in video editing and Adobe Creative Suite
- To apply, email [email protected] and attach your resume and cover letter.
- Accepting applications until June 30, 2022 or until the position is filled.
Young-adult Catholics with a heart for service are encouraged to apply, even if they may not meet every qualification listed above