The Programs Associate serves for 35 hours per week at the Franciscan Mission Service’s headquarters, working on collaborative initiatives and leading creative projects that support FMS’s international and US faith-based programs.
As part of the year-long DC Service Corps Program, the Programs Associate lives in an intentional community with other year-long DC Service Corps members and participates in programming activities, such as weekly workshops, evening prayer, and shared meals.
- Organize speakers and sessions for international training
- Spearhead the organization’s recruitment strategy and outreach
- Accompany and support all prospective applicants
- Design and draft special programmatic newsletters
- Plan and execute special events, such as community gatherings and short-term mission trip logistics
- Participate in the year-long DC Service Corps Program in Washington, DC.
- Must be 21-35 years old and have a desire to develop servant leadership skills
- Have a demonstrated commitment to service, social justice, and one’s own faith development
- Open to learning about Franciscan spirituality and committed to living in intentional Christian community
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, religion, non-profit management, organizational development or other related field
- Experience with planning events, retreats or programs
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies
- Eagerness to participate in the organization’s hospitality ministry through welcoming and hosting guests at the Casa San Salvador hospitality house
The DC Service Corps Program begins mid-August 2022 and goes until the end of July 2023. The Programs Associate schedule typically is 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, with the exception of Tuesday afternoons which are set aside for faith formation, professional development and servant leadership sessions with the rest of the DC Service Corps members. About once per every two months the Programs Associate will be asked to work outside of the normal 9am-5pm work hours.
- Experience working with a mission-based organization
- Friendships through life in intentional community
- Professional development and spiritual formation
- Monthly stipend, health insurance, and a fully-furnished bedroom.
- Ten vacation days in addition to holidays
- Three annual retreats and opportunities for spiritual direction
- Cultural enrichment, social engagement, and top-notch networking opportunities that come with living in Washington, DC
- Professional mentorship, peer support, and leadership development within a collaborative and close-knit team of young professionals
Please reach out to [email protected] if you are interested in this or any DC Service Corps position!