Desire to work at one of the most dynamic schools in the country while living in Washington, DC? Do you have a heart for education but a hesitancy to serve as a classroom teacher?
The Program Assistant volunteer will serve with the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) at Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School, which empowers and enables under-resourced high school students to succeed in the professional workplace while preparing for college with Christian values essential for successful and fulfilling lives.
DC Service Corps volunteers build a foundation for a lifelong commitment to social activism and their Catholic faith through a meaningful year of service in Washington, DC. Volunteers dedicated to direct service are placed with partner non-profit agencies to work directly with vulnerable communities.
Both volunteers serving in the community and those in the FMS office live in intentional community, pray together, and strive to be witnesses to justice and peace. Leadership training, professional development, mentoring, faith formation, and educational seminars inspired by the Catholic Social Justice tradition round out this transformative experience.
- Collaborating with staff to support the CWSP’s goals and strategies
- Engaging with students during morning check-ins at metro station
- Facilitating transportation arrangements for students to/from their work placements
- Maintaining proper personnel files for students and CWSP employment partners
- Assisting with CWSP events, activities, and outreach
- Participating in staff meetings and trainings
- Passion for working with high school students from culturally and racially diverse backgrounds
- Interest in helping students navigate and learn from new, professional experiences across a variety of government, nonprofit, and business sectors.
- Ability to model professionalism in speech, dress, and attitude
- Ability to pass a background check
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred, but not required
- Spanish or French language skills helpful, but not required
- Education or counseling background helpful, but not required
- To apply, email [email protected] and attach your resume and cover letter.
- Accepting applications until June 30, 2022 or until the position is filled.
- Young-adult Catholics with a heart for service are encouraged to apply, even if they may not meet every qualification listed above