Posted by St. Joseph Worker Program, Saint Paul, MN: The Saint Joseph Worker position at Cretin-Derham Hall is a full-time position with the campus ministry team. The SJW reports to on-site supervisor, i.e., a campus ministry team member. The position focuses on service learning and urban immersion experiences with high school students according to the school Values of Leadership, Community, Service, Diversity and Equity. As a member of the campus ministry team, she has responsibilities in each of the following areas:
1. To be a leader and self-starter.
a. Identify her skill sets and take initiative in creating her position description for the experience.
b. Willing to be open to working in a Catholic school climate and respect the faith traditions present there.
2. To contribute to the Cretin-Derham Hall community.
a. Connect students to service opportunities with at-risk youth, Habitat for Humanity, as well as other timely justice related initiatives.
b. Attend faculty/staff meetings as requested by her supervisor.
c. Meet with site supervisor weekly.
d. Meet with campus ministry team weekly.
e. Attend departmental meetings as requested by her supervisor.
f. Select two co-curricular groups (and/or create a new one) and participate in that group throughout the year (examples: Solidarity (diversity), Green Team, Justice Summit, Justice Week Planning Team, Lasallian Youth, Justice Education Trips committee).
3. To accompany students on various immersion experiences (Habitat For Humanity, Leap for Children, Red Lake Immersion Trip, etc.).
4. To organize, publicize, and supervise immersion experiences and service learning.
5. To bring a sense of joy, humor and flexibility to the team and the students.