Marianist PULSE is a post-graduate, professional year of service program. We cover all costs – housing, food, transportation, healthcare and living stipend – while Volunteers serve in professional non-profits for 11 months. Spiritual formation, professional development and intentional community living root the experience. Learn more on our website (marianist.com/pulse) but in the meantime, consider this nonprofit role…
Literacy Lab Coordinator
Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School is an educational community of faith. Inspired by the goodness of God, we commit to educating the whole person, working for justice, and developing family spirit. We offer a quality, integral learning experience to a culturally diverse student population..
Position: PULSE Educator
Hours 7:45am to 3:15pm Monday through Friday
Literacy Resource Coordinator (80%)
- The PULSE volunteer will oversee a program of between 15 and 20 students in general level curriculum. In addition to regular English classes, these students will attend a Literacy Resource class daily. The PULSE volunteer will work with these students during this class time to support the teacher’s curriculum and provide additional literacy resources to help students rise to grade level proficiency in reading and writing.
- Develop and implement literacy tutoring curriculum
- Develop and implement curriculum to strengthen vocabulary and study skills
- Communicate with counselors, teachers, and parents/guardians regarding student progress
- Communicate with Eagles Learning Center supervisors about student assignments and other academic questions
- Celebrate academic progress with students when they reach milestones
- Use data to track and report academic growth of students, communicate progress to assistant principals, counselors and teachers
- Support students in other mentoring and advising areas
- Occasional after school tutoring options may be explored
Ministry and Service Department Assistant (20%)
- Assist in the Little Sibs program; supervise high school students in planning activities for this mentorship program. Chaperone students once per week at a neighboring grade school where students are matched with younger elementary age students.
- Help cover Little Sibs class when not at the grade school
- Assist in chaperoning overnight school retreats
- Assist in chaperoning a week-long summer mission trip
Email us for more info – [email protected].us