|This person will oversee the volunteer service community program and will be supervised by the USA Program Director and will report to both the Finca Director and the US Service Program. No fundraising needed and a stipend included. Position will lead retreats, immersion trips, day to day missionary life and Summer volunteers in addition to other Service oriented projects. Native Spanish speaker a plus, conversational Spanish required.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute short and long-term volunteer training and orientation
- Conduct ongoing supervision and evaluation of volunteers
- Define volunteer roles and facilitate job training and support in each of the departments
- Lead daily spiritual life of community
- Plan and conduct retreats throughout the year
- Handle and manage residency process
- Coordinate visitors, vacations, travel, and mission trips
- Develop Honduran volunteer program and oversee recruitment and orientation
- Assist US Service Program Committee with recruitment and application process
- Assist with Farm of the Child USA development needs including the sponsorship program, newsletter and social media communications, donor cultivation, and grant support
- Meet regularly with Finca director and represent volunteer community at Finca leadership meetings with heads of departments
- Passion for the mission of Farm of the Child / Finca del Niño
- Commitment to a life of prayer and desire to live out the pillars of simplicity, spirituality, community, and service in order to lead others to a deeper life in Christ
- Experience and training in ministry and/or a related graduate degree
- Ability to live in a rural setting with limited access to modern conveniences and healthcare
- Conversational Spanish required; experience living abroad preferred
- 3-year commitment
Travel, room & board, stipend and insurance included. Stipend commensurate with experience and need.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, and a cover letter to [email protected].