Posted by SPRITUS: Gain The Skills To Get The Job!
We seek faith-filled young adult Catholics, 20-29 years of age, who want to be equipped with experience and knowledge to be youth ministers.
You will have a mentor and learn to:
Implement a comprehensive youth ministry program.
Engage youth & adults and call them into the ministry.
Plan, organize and execute programming for the year.
Present spiritual programs and retreats in dynamic ways.
Successfully collaborate with a parish staff.
Facilitate meetings and small groups effectively.
Disciple youth and young adults into the mission of Jesus.
You will work as part of SPIRITUS, a team of young adult missionaries who live in community and travel by van to schools and parishes working as youth ministers and giving retreats to inspire Catholic youth in grades 2 – 12.
SPIRITUS is unique and offers missionaries:
1. Ongoing one-on-one mentoring in ministry and the spiritual life
2. Weekly days of formation given by area priests and bishops
3. A spiritual director to meet with monthly
4. A $2,000 stipend upon completion of the program
5. No fundraising required to join the team
6. Training to create witness talks, disciple others, present spiritual programs and retreats in dynamic ways, lead small groups and build confidence in presenting the faith.
SPIRITUS also provides lodging, food, a monthly allowance and health insurance. There is also opportunity for advancement after the first year. This is an awesome opportunity to serve our Lord in the New Evangelization and help young Catholics grow in faith.
The application deadline for these 9-month positions close as soon as positions are filled.