"May you have what you need to choose well. May you ask for help when you don't. May you continue to serve and lead in communities that have never been predictable."
Catholic Volunteer Network is thinking of and praying for everyone who has been affected by the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are doing our best to support our communities and our network during this time and we hope to be able to offer you "what you need to choose well," as shared by Executive Director, Yonce Shelton, in our most recent blog post. Please feel free to access the resources we've compiled here, thanks to help and suggestions from various member programs, Board Members, and partners in service.
Please let us know if you have anything to add. This page will continue to be updated as things unfold.
FACEBOOK GROUP: We have begun a Facebook group "Building Community while Social Distancing" for current volunteers whose service experience has been disrupted by the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuildingCommunityDuringSocialDistancing/
FROM MISSION TO MISSION RESOURCES:
From Mission to Mission has put together this Resource Library, and offers some books to help volunteers/missioners who've had to cut their service experience short:
- Returning Home: A Guide for Missioners and Volunteers in Transition
- Welcoming them Home: A Guide for Families and Friends of Returning Missioners and Volunteers
STUDENT LOAN DEFERMENTS: As the current situation is always changing, we would encourage you to connect with your alma mater's financial aid office to discuss loan deferment options. This resource page may also be of use: Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
CVN SKILLSHARE: CVN Alumni and staff have offered to host classes and open creative spaces for volunteers who are social distancing. Sessions will be hosted on Wednesday evenings via Zoom. Register here.
Catholic Volunteer Network is working hard to understand the impact of the Coronavirus on our members. To support our member programs, we are hosting several upcoming member calls to give volunteer program staff the opportunity to connect with one another, sharing relevant meetings and webinars hosted by partner organizations, and providing additional resources and outreach as we can. If you are a CVN member, please click here for our COVID-19 member program support & resources page (you must be logged in to view). If you are interested in becoming a CVN member, please click here for more information.
- A Coronavirus Prayer [America Magazine]
- A Prayer for Persons Suffering from Coronavirus [Olancho Aid Foundation]
- “Pandemic” by Lynn Ungar
- Psalm for a time of Need
- “Prayer for a Pandemic”
- Loving Your Neighbor in a Time of Coronavirus [Sojourners]
- When Xenophobia Spreads Like a Virus [NPR Code Switch Podcast]
- How Catholics Should Respond to the Coronavirus [America Magazine]
- Community Without Communing: Resources for Virtual Church [Sojourners]
- Spiritual Practices for the Coronavirus Pandemic [Spirituality and Practice]
- Coronavirus: A Reminder That We are All Connected [Ignatian Solidarity Network]
LIVING RE-ENTRY DURING THE TIME OF COVID-19
A webinar brought to you by Catholic Volunteer Network and From Mission to Mission.
RESOURCES FOR SELF-CARE AND MENTAL HEALTH
- Managing Stress and Anxiety During An Infectious Disease Outbreak [The KonTerra Group]
- Taking Care of Yourself During Quarantine or Self-Isolation [The KonTerra Group]
- Protecting Your Mental Health During the Coronavirus Outbreak [American Foundation for Suicide Prevention]
NFCYM (National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry) RESOURCES:
- All Access Webinar - Ministry Amidst a Crisis: COVID-19 and Ministering to and with the Young Church and Their Families
- More can be found HERE on their web-page on topics such as: working and ministering remotely, supporting parents and grandparents, online gatherings, and watching Mass and Adoration online.
Dr. Peter Lin, a family physician who shares his expertise on CBC News, has been recently featured in a few CBC YouTube videos, explaining Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). In the video above, Dr. Lin details the nature and origin of coronavirus, how it spreads, its various symptoms and dangers and how to protect yourself from contracting it.