Geared toward anyone managing marketing communications and volunteer recruitment for a CVN member program. The goal of this course is to help you develop a 12-month Strategic Marketing and Recruitment Game Plan that is realistic and relevant within the context of your organization.
About the course
The 2020 Strategic Marketing Crash Course for Volunteer Organizations is an online-only course that will be offered to two cohorts, each with a maximum of 15 participants. The course is broken into four primary sessions that are 1.5 hours each, offered 2x a month. Each session is about an hour of instruction on a specific topic followed by 20-30 minutes of open forum discussion to talk about any we covered in the session. The session topics are as follows:
- Session #1: Translating Your "Why” into 2020 Vernacular: Understanding the Current Landscape of Advocacy for Faith-Based Organizations
- Sessions #2: Goal Setting, Baselines, and Building a Strategic Marketing & Recruitment Game Plan
- Session #3: Conversion-Centric Storytelling: How to Use Content to Inspire Action
- Session #4: Selecting the Right Strategies, Channels, and Tactics for Recruitment & Fundraising
- Session #5: Completion + Group Review of Your 12-Month Strategic Marketing Game Plan
We are offering two cohorts for this course. Each will cover the same general material so please only register for one. Also, we are not allowing multiple people from the same program/organization to register. Following these guidelines enables us to offer this dynamic content to as many member programs as possible.
Space is limited, so please register early. Due to the limited number of slots, this course is limited to CVN members only.
Each cohort session will happen at 2:30 - 4:00pm EST.
Cost is per person. Course valued at $1,500 but offered at discounted price.
- Session 1: Thursday, April 2nd
- Session 2: Thursday, April 16th
- Session 3: Thursday, May 7th
- Session 4: Thursday, May 21st
- [OPTIONAL] Session 5: Thursday, May 28th
Registration closed for Cohort 1
- Session 1: Tuesday, June 2nd
- Session 2: Wednesday, June 17th
- Session 3: Wednesday, July 1st
- Session 4: Wednesday, July 15th
- [OPTIONAL] Session 5: Wednesday, July 29th
Co-Founder and Chief Brand Strategist at Novus and the Director of Marketing Strategy at Direct Development (the parent company of Novus). He has spent the past six years helping nonprofit charities and associations develop and launch innovative donor recruitment and retention strategies. He spends most of his days learning about the latest and greatest in marketing technology and brainstorming ways in which to apply these ideas and technologies to the nonprofit fundraising space. Things that pique Zach’s interest at the moment include conversational marketing (specifically how to make chatbots work for donor acquisition), journey-based digital audience profiling, and how to help more organizations become like charity:water.
Co-Founder and Chief Fundraising Officer of Novus and the CEO at Direct Development. He helps nonprofit organizations make the transition from traditional communications to innovative content marketing strategies using the inbound methodology. He regularly presents educational sessions on the latest trends in digital marketing and how they can be used effectively for nonprofits of all sizes. Tony resides in the Washington, D.C., metro area with his amazing wife and four kids.
Novus is a nonprofit branding and marketing agency. We’re a team of creators, strategists, and technologists who help nonprofit organizations create sustainable tomorrows, today.
Stay tuned for upcoming courses on the following topics: mental health, and racial justice and diversity.