RESIDENTIAL CORE TEAM MEMBER
Residential Core Team Members are essential to fulfilling the mission of In My Shoes. Core Team Members make a one-year commitment to live in a community with the mothers and babies of the home.
This is a $500 monthly stipend position.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and emotional support to the residents of In My Shoes.
- Assist in managing the daily operations of the house by assuming one of the following administrative roles: Operations Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Donations Coordinator, Hospitality Coordinator, or House Manager.
- Participate in and embrace all aspects of community life. This includes community prayer, community dinners, house outings, etc.
- Ensure safety and enforce rules within the house.
- Serve as an Advocate for up to 3 moms which means providing one-on-one support and accountability, as well as assisting them with setting and working toward their goals.
- Provide daytime and overnight house coverage by answering the phone, welcoming guests/visitors, offering tours, and receiving donations.
- Transporting moms and babies to and from appointments and other necessary places as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience
- A passion for service, especially serving women and babies
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface with and engage diverse groups of people
- Desire to live in community and solidarity with others