Share Your Story
I Chose Service Campaign
CVN volunteers - we want to hear from you! We know you faced many options when you graduated from college. What made you choose service and what did you gain from the experience?
Participate in our "I Chose Service" campaign by sending your responses to the following questions, along with a few photos of yourself during your service year to Katie Mulembe at kmulembe@catholicvolunteer
Introduction: Tell us about yourself: (Name / Volunteer Program and Location / Hometown / College, Graduation Year, Major)
1. How did you first learn about post-graduate service?
2. What other options were available to you, and why did you decide on your service program?
3. Share about your service placement and volunteer community experience.
4. What benefits have you gained from this experience that you might not have received otherwise? (may include professional skills, personal development, and/or spiritual growth)
5. Lastly, in a few words - what advice would you share with someone who was considering faith-based service?
Written Stories and Reflections
Catholic Volunteer Network is always excited to read stories from volunteers about your service experiences! We publish these stories on our website, in our e-newsletter and on our blog, www.catholicvolunteernetwork.blogspot.com. Please send story submissions of no more than 1,000 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you enjoy speaking in front of crowds? Catholic Volunteer Network is always looking for current and former volunteers who are willing to speak about their experiences at parishes across the country. Small speaking stipends are available. To find out if we're looking for a speaker in your area, email email@example.com.