Christ House, a 24-hour short-term medical respite facility for men who are experiencing homelessness in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Case Management Assistant. Under the supervision of the Lead Case Manager, the Case Management Assistant supports the Case Management Department by verifying insurance status and assisting in obtaining necessary documents to apply for Medicaid and Social Security income as needed. This individual accompanies patients to case management appointments and serves as an advocate for patients at government and community agencies.
The position is part of DC Service Corps, a program that prepares volunteers to build a foundation for a lifelong commitment to social activism and their Catholic faith through a meaningful year of service in Washington, DC for 11 months. Volunteers dedicated to direct service are placed with partner non-profit agencies to work directly with vulnerable communities.
- Assists case managers with tasks related to patient intake.
- Verifies insurance status of new admissions, and, under the direction of case manager, applies for appropriate insurance coverage.
- Coordinates appointments with the Unit Clerk that have been arranged by the case managers.
- Accompanies patients to appointments as directed by the case managers.
- Assists in obtaining and verifying patient entitlements, under the direction of the case managers.
- Attends weekly staff meeting, Community meeting, and other meetings deemed appropriate by the lead case manager.
- Assists the lead case manager in developing and maintaining resources used to support case management services (i.e. manuals, lists, etc.)
- Facilitates weekly psychiatric referrals under the guidance of the case managers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in direct services is preferred but not required
- Submit an application by visiting the following webpage: https://franciscanmissionservice.org/programs/dc-service-corps/#application
- Or by emailing [email protected] for more information
- Young-adult Catholics with a heart for service are encouraged to apply, even if they may not meet every qualification listed above