The Development Associate is a highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter who gains valuable professional experience while advancing the day-to-day operations of a dynamic Catholic nonprofit organization. Working closely alongside Franciscan Mission Service staff, and reporting directly to the Associate Director, the Development Associate contributes to the fundraising, grant and donor initiatives for the organization while receiving professional mentorship.
As part of the year-long DC Service Corps Program, the Development Associate lives in an intentional community with other year-long DC Service Corps members and participates in programming activities, such as weekly direct service, evening prayer, and shared meals.
- Support streamlined donor engagement and donor cultivation through the management of eTapestry, FMS’ donor database
- Process incoming donations and manage donor gratitude initiatives
- Assist the Associate Director and Accountant with responsible financial management through the processing and tracking of all invoices and purchases
- Support FMS’ annual World Care Benefit event through communication with prospective sponsors and guests; manage table assignments and registration; collaborate with Associate Director on event-related data tracking
- Co-coordinate all aspects of the mission appeals lifecycle from the point of application to the scheduling of appeals and the processing of donations; represent the spirit and values of FMS in all interactions with host churches and mission appeal volunteers
- Collaborate with the Associate Director to improve day-to-day operations and apply best practices that drive efficiency and effectiveness in FMS’ work
- Assist the Communications and Programs teams through the provision of data and documents that support their work
- Assist with general bookkeeping and maintain a working knowledge of file location and organization
- Provide general administrative office support to the Executive Director and Associate Director
- Must be 21-35 years old and have a desire to develop servant leadership skills
- Have a demonstrated commitment to service, social justice, and one’s own faith development
- Open to learning about Franciscan spirituality and committed to living in intentional Christian community
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, marketing, accounting, finance, business, non-profit management or other related field
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Experience with database management and excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Interest in learning about and implementing best practices in the areas of finance, data management, and office management
- Ability to adjust to fast-changing priorities in a dynamic, collaborative, and communication-driven work environment
The DC Service Corps Program begins mid-August 2022 and goes until the end of July 2023. The Programs Associate schedule typically is 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, with the exception of Tuesday afternoons which are set aside for faith formation, professional development and servant leadership sessions with the rest of the DC Service Corps members. About once per every two months the Programs Associate will be asked to work outside of the normal 9am-5pm work hours.
- Experience working with a mission-based organization
- Friendships through life in intentional community
- Professional development and spiritual formation
- Monthly stipend, health insurance, and a fully-furnished bedroom.
- Ten vacation days in addition to holidays
- Three annual retreats and opportunities for spiritual direction
- Cultural enrichment, social engagement, and top-notch networking opportunities that come with living in Washington, DC
- Professional mentorship, peer support, and leadership development within a collaborative and close-knit team of young professionals
If you are interested in this or any DC Service Corps, please email [email protected] . We look forward to hearing from you!