Position: Maggie’s Place Live-in AmeriCorps Member
Commitment Dates: August 1, 2022-August 31, 2023
Organization’s Mission: Maggie’s Place welcomes pregnant and parenting women and their children into a safe and loving community, providing life-changing programs and ongoing services to help them to become self-sufficient.
Position Summary: AmeriCorps members spend a year living with pregnant and parenting women formerly experiencing homelessness and now housed in a loving, caring environment at Maggie’s Place in Phoenix, Arizona.
Using a trauma-informed care approach, AmeriCorps members are on the front lines of the fight to overcome Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and break the relentless cycle of poverty. AmeriCorps members at Maggie’s Place help transform lives through hope, love and a dedication to servant leadership.
- Working as a team, collaborating with other AmeriCorps and support staff
- Responding to emergencies, crises and conflicts within the home.
Taking initiative in one of the following administrative roles in the home: House Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Donations/House Operations Coordinator or Programs Coordinator
- Participating in and planning community functions; including celebrations, house retreats and weekly house meetings, as well as AmeriCorps community events
- Providing daytime and overnight house coverage by providing phone coverage, welcoming visitors, offering tours, receiving donations and responding to the duty of the moment
- Monthly stipend
- Room and board
- Optional health insurance
- Ongoing training
- Vacation days
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Access to community vehicles
- Segal Education Award at the end of term of service (with extra award for individuals who begin service on August 1, 2022)
- Emotional maturity
- Accepting of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and customs
- Open to growing through uncomfortable situations
- College degree or equivalent life experience
- Drivers license
- Ideally candidates are 21 years of age and older
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Interested applicants may apply here: maggiesplace.org/americorpsopportunities
Please direct all questions to [email protected]