About Franciscan Mission Service:
Franciscan Mission Service (FMS) is a nonprofit organization that provides Catholic women and men the opportunity to serve in solidarity with economically marginalized communities around the world. FMS trains, sends, and supports lay Catholics to serve others in a way that is respectful of cultural and religious differences.
About the DC Service Corps Program:
The DC Service Corps (DCSC) Program offers young-adult Catholics opportunities to learn about nonprofits, deepen one’s commitment to service, grow in faith, and live out the Franciscan values daily. In the spirit of Saints Francis and St. Clare, volunteers serve for a year in various ministries, sharing Christ’s love and cultivating relationships of peace and justice.
This transformative experience is enriched by an intentional Christian community, in which volunteers focus on simple living, prayer, reflection, and living the Gospel mission of “service and action for a more just and humane world.” As a house of hospitality, Casa San Salvador provides volunteers with the opportunity to live with (and offer hospitality to) guests from around the world.
DC Service Corps Program – Programs Associate position
The Programs Associate serves for 35 hours per week at the Franciscan Mission Service’s headquarters, assisting with projects essential to furthering the organization’s mission. The Programs Associate will have the opportunity to work on collaborative initiatives and lead creative projects that support FMS international and domestic programs.
– Organize speakers and sessions for international training
– Spearhead the organization’s recruitment strategy and outreach
– Accompany and support all prospective applicants
– Design and draft special programmatic newsletters
– Plan and execute special events, such as community gatherings and short-term mission trip logistics
– Participate in intentional community and the DC Service Corps Program
– Must be 21-35 years old and have a desire to develop servant leadership skills
– Have a demonstrated commitment to service, social justice, and one’s own faith development
– Open to learning about Franciscan spirituality and committed to living in intentional community
– Bachelor’s degree in theology, religion, non-profit management, organizational development or other related field
– Experience with planning events, retreats or programs
– Highly detail-oriented and organized
– Excellent computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at once
– Ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies
– Eagerness to participate in the organization’s hospitality ministry through welcoming and hosting guests at the Casa San Salvador hospitality house
The DC Service Corps Program begins mid-August 2020 and goes until end of July 2021. The Programs Associate schedule typical is 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, with the exception of Tuesday afternoons which are set aside for faith formation, professional development and servant leadership sessions with the rest of the DC Service Corps members. About once per every two months the Programs Associate will be asked to work outside of the normal 9am-5pm work hours.
-Experience working with a mission-based organization
– Friendships through life in intentional community
– Professional development and spiritual formation
– Monthly stipend, health insurance, and a fully-furnished bedroom.
How to apply:
– Submit an application by visiting the following webpage: https://franciscanmissionservice.org/programs/dc-service-corps/#application
– Or by emailing [email protected] for more information