RESIDENTIAL CORE TEAM MEMBER
At In My Shoes, through our Core Values of Hospitality, Faith + Works, Empowerment, Wholeness, and Authenticity, we provide a safe, welcoming community for women who are pregnant and homeless or at risk of homelessness. We have become a leading organization in this space in DFW. To help us stabilize and grow, we’re seeking women who are committed to living in the home for a year or two to support the moms living in the home. The ideal candidate must be passionate about our mission. Residential Core Team Members are essential to fulfilling the mission of In My Shoes. Core Team Members make a one-year commitment to live in a community with the mothers and babies of the home.
Residential Core Team Members are essential to fulfilling the mission of In My Shoes. Core Team Members make a one-year commitment to live in a community with the mothers and babies of the home.
This is a $500 monthly stipend position.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and emotional support to the residents of In My Shoes.
- Assist in managing the daily operations of the house
- Participate in and embrace all aspects of community life. This includes community prayer, community dinners, house outings, etc.
- Ensure safety and enforce rules within the house
- Participate in the intake process for all potential resident moms
- Prepare all welcome materials and conduct the onboarding documentation process for all new resident moms
- Oversee resident productivity requirements, while teaching life skills such as time management, goal planning, and prioritization
- Serve as Advocate which means providing one-on-one support and accountability, assisting residents with learning how to access community resources, and providing education on topics such as mother and infant health
- Address interpersonal conflict between house residents, and teach healthy conflict resolution skills
- Collaborate with the in-house case manager to ensure resident moms are setting and attaining goals
- Celebrate and recognize resident goal achievement and milestones appropriately and in a timely manner
- Provide daytime and overnight house coverage by answering the phone, welcoming guests/visitors, offering tours, and receiving donations.
- Transporting moms and babies to and from appointments and other necessary places as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience
- A passion for service, especially serving women and babies
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface with and engage diverse groups of people
- Desire to live in community and solidarity with others