Check out this unique opportunity to serve while having a positive impact on the spiritual growth of others as part of the St. Joseph Worker Program.
Wisdom Ways Center for Spirituality creates open, accepting spaces that advance the spiritual growth, authenticity, and fullness of life for all people. Our resources and offerings aim to help support movement into meaningful and impactful action to advance personal and communal well-being. To accomplish our mission, Wisdom Ways organizes educational, ritual, and community-building programs, both in person and online, available to all people. Wisdom Ways also provides spiritual care to individuals who seek it through Spiritual Direction, Life Coaching, and access to a variety of spiritual and religious resources including a library, labyrinth rental, and art exhibitions.
Our goals for the 2022-2023 year include:
- Developing communities of mutual support and belonging for people as we search for meaning amidst the everyday life experiences.
- Elevating voices of historically oppressed persons, finding shared wisdom and understanding while exploring distinct spiritual paths and modes of expression.
- Co-creating a viable and sustainable structure for Wisdom Ways to thrive now and in the future.
As a St. Joseph Worker at Wisdom Ways, you will:
- Help to organize, promote, and facilitate diverse programs both in person and on the Zoom platform
- Organize and compile data related to our programs
- Interact with presenters and members of the community to develop our programming calendar
- Develop, edit, and update our online courses
- Assist with daily office needs (product ordering, emailing, inventory)
- Help to maintain Wisdom Ways’ body of resources including the library and the labyrinths
- Attend weekly team meetings and help to navigate the running of Wisdom Ways
You should expect to work:
This position calls for 36 hours per week both during the regular workday (9AM-5PM) and, when possible, for nightly Zoom or in person programs. These hours will remain consistent/ Remote work opportunities will be available but should be approved ahead of time by your supervisor. Please provide your supervisor with days and times when you will not be available as early as possible to ensure your work schedule does not conflict with the schedule set by the St. Joseph Worker program.
As a member of the Wisdom Ways staff, you should be able to:
- Utilize various types of computer software including Zoom, the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AirTable, Vimeo, Thinkific and various types of social media (if you are unable to use any of these applications, instruction can be provided by a member of our staff)
- Communicate effectively in person, over the phone, and via email
- Exhibit a passion for uplifting historically oppressed peoples and highlighting their stories
- Display strong time management skills and prioritize a wide variety of projects that you will both assist with and lead